“Skylights, Flat Rooflights, Lantern Roofs & Roof Windows that add light to your home”
Allow natural light to flood your home, open up closed, poorly lit spaces by introducing lantern roof windows to new, or preexisting home extension structures. Natural light can open up spaces, making them feel less cramped, more open, brighter & airier.
Lantern roofs come bespoke & made to exact specifications with a wide range of RAL & BS colour systems, ironmongery & rafter options. To complement existing property aesthetics, roof lights & lanterns are available in various wood stains & grains including Oak & Pine.
We manufacture products in premium FSC hardwoods using timber primarily but also offering Oak & Aluminium. We do not supply lantern rooflights, roof windows or flat roof skylights in uPVC. All of our lanterns use a hardwood frame, aluminium lanterns will be provided with external & internal cappings that will come powder coated in any RAL colour (see our wide range of Farrow & Ball paint colours).
Roof Lantern Designs & Styles
Lanterns are available in square, rectangular, octagonal, circular, pyramid & double hipped styles. We supply roof lanterns with a fixed frame underneath or directly to a timber kerb.
Lantern Roofs are especially popular in orangery roofing systems, conservatories, living, and dining rooms, although they can be installed anywhere within a property subject to structural calculations. Orangery costs start from £7995, replacement lanterns for Orangeries can start from £1000 + VAT.
Standard product sizes start from 750mm x 750mm up to and in excess of 5000mm x 5000mm and non-standard sizes, or completely bespoke options, they’re easy to fit, with minimal disruption & mess.
Click an image to view an enlarged version.
Features & Options
Features & options include vents, opening electric windows, custom ironmongery, powder coated, thermally broken & decorative features (architectural features both inside and outside).
Delivery & Installation Service
Prestige offers UK mainland delivery on all roof & lantern products. Delivery costs may vary, our team will advise in advance. An installation service is available should you not have a roofing specialist / installer already.
Glass Options & Thermal Efficiency
Given the precision nature of Prestige’s manufacturing process, our products are energy efficient offering excellent thermal control. Blinds are also available to prevent excess heat & light during warmer months.
Bespoke Product Design
If you’re unsure about the style you want, then we can offer style suggestions. Prestige’s skilled designers can create a computer aided design to showcase what a finished product will look like before it’s manufactured. You may want one of our simple, architectural designs to fit a rectangular shaped room, or you might choose one of our prestigious curved roof lanterns, which make a spectacular focal point for any room. Because every aspect of your roof lantern is bespoke, you can get the finished look to suit your vision.
Prestige can create your roof lantern in any RAL colour and style, we also offer a specialist colour matching service. You can choose a classic wood stain, or have the wood painted in any colour, using high-quality Farrow & Ball paints.
Ordering & Delivery Information
Buy Direct from Us
Short Lead Times & Beautiful Design
What is a Roof Light
What is a Roof Lantern
Rooflight Window Types
Once you’ve decided on the style of roof lantern that you want, we can create a high quality DIY kit for installation. This can be installed by a qualified builder, but is simple enough for a novice DIY enthusiast, as most of the parts clip together. We provide comprehensive instructions for assembling your lantern roof system.
Roof lanterns are ideal for any rooms where you need more natural light. They’re easily installed, and can instantly make a room feel more spacious. It’s surprising the difference they can make to a room, especially orangeries and garden rooms where you want to bring the outdoors in. As well as providing more light, we can install panels that open, which allow a cool breeze to come through the room on hot days. During the winter months, they help with heat generation, and the thick glazing means warmth is trapped inside your house.
- Buy Direct From Our Factory
- Minimum 5 Year Guarantee with Additional Options
- Premium, High Quality Products
- Highly Durable, Long-life Roof Products
- Low Maintenance Intervals
- Short Lead Times
- Diverse Product Style Range / Inspiration Range
- Secured By Design
Our curved and domed lanterns are a sophisticated, high quality range which stand out in the marketplace. Gorgeous, bespoke, curved lanterns with premium wood finishes, wood stains and styles. Using the latest in timber and glass curving technology we can achieve the stunning grand design befitting any prestigious property.
We can manufacture and supply a range of sun tunnels which channel light down a circular tunnel structure at the centrepoint of a room. If you want a contemporary way of delivering light to a room then a sun tunnel is perfect, roof lanterns are a more traditional method of bringing natural light into a room.
- Increase Natural Light
- Excellent Thermal Efficiency
- Vents Allow for Ventilation Allowing Better Air Circulation
- Stunning Architectural Features
- Highly Durable
- Minimum 5 Year Guarantee
- Quick & Easy Installation
- Will not require planning permission
Our glass roof systems maximise glass panel size & minimise rafter size to allow as much organic light into a property as possible. Our glass roof systems offer custom options including easy clean & solar control glass panels.
Flat roof skylights are available in a wide range of configurations including flat skylights or pitched skylights for flat roofs. Our bespoke, made to measure flat roof skylights are energy efficient with excellent thermal efficiency (U-Values) and are a great way to introduce lots of extra natural light into the home.
Popular products that we manufacture include fixed flat rooflights from £900 + VAT, pitched rooflights from £500 + VAT, pyramid rooflights and walk-on opening rooflights from £1200 + VAT.
Our bespoke range of roof windows & rooflights are perfect for adding an attractive light opening for any roof. Let more natural light fill up a room with one of our roof windows. We can supply in most standard and non standard sizes. Our roof windows can be installed on flat or pitched roofs (please speak to our team to discuss). If you are looking for a small, medium or large range of roof windows or the rooflight company we can provide a size sheet covering all standard and non standard sizes.
The most common types of rooflights we manufacture include conservation rooflights and flat rooflights.
Some of the options we can offer include:
- Standard roof lanterns – In both contemporary and traditional styles, and a range of colours and finishes.
- Glass roofs – Made with timber or oak, glass roofs are made to your exact specifications for a perfect fit.
- Sun tunnels / rooflight tunnels –A circular tunnel at the centre of the room which allows for lots of natural light, without taking up much space.
- Skylights – Available for both flat and pitched roofs, skylights are made to measure and offer excellent energy efficiency.
- Roof windows & rooflights –These flat windows can be made to any size, and in a style that suits your property.
With state of the art manufacturing facilities, we can create roof lanterns and windows in a huge range of standard sizes, from 3X3 up to 3000×3000, and sometimes even bigger. Roof lanterns start at £1,000 + VAT for our standard wood lanterns, and we’re always happy to offer a free quote. See our price list, or call today on 0843 886 7945 for a personalised quote.
Flat roof windows and rooflights for flat roofs are our specialty. Aside from lantern roofs, we make bespoke flat roof windows for all property types. Common rooflight manufacturers include Velux, Eco, Fakro, Sterlingbuild and Sunsquare.
Stunning Architectural Features
Our lantern systems & roof light systems have been designed in such a way that they minimise the utilisation of rafters / glazing bars to ensure the widest possible glass apertures. Whether installing on a pre-existing flat roof or on top of an Orangery our systems are quick to install.
Why Buy from Prestige?
- Buy direct from the manufacturer
- Prices from £1000
- Short lead times
- 5 Year Warranty
- Available in all standard and non standard sizes (made to measure)
- Made from premium hardwood/softwood
- Available in Timber, Oak, Pine with Aluminium Capping Options
- Rafter Sections from 44mm
- Hips from 56mm in width
- Roman Ogee3 detail moulded into undersides of timber
- Timber dovetail systems
- Available in Primer or Premium Farrow & Ball Colour Paints
- Available in easy to assemble kits
- Wide choice of finials and crestings
- Various glazing options including standard 28mm double glazed argon filled units (U-Value Rating 1.1 W/m)
- Self cleaning glass & solar control glass
- Range of blinds and internal ironmongery
- Quick & Easy Flat Roof Installations
One good reason you should choose Prestige is for exceptional product quality & attention to detail. Every product leaving the factory is quality checked. Prestige also offers friendly & comprehensive customer service & aftersales, ensuring all your queries and questions are answered.
Prestige supplies to traders, builders, home builders, property renovators & individuals. We offer mainland UK delivery on all products.
We are a part of the Country Hardwood Group. Our group also supplies Conservatories, Orangeries, Bifold Doors and Timber Windows.
- Here at Prestige Roof Lanterns UK, we are experts in roof lanterns, roof lights and skylights. We design and manufacture glass roof lantern options for your home. While we are not roof lantern installers, it is extremely necessary for us to have......
- These days, more and more folk are expanding their properties to take full advantage of their space. Recently, roof lights, otherwise known as roof lanterns or flat roof skylights, have become increasingly popular in the world of modern......
- So, you want your house to have a roof lantern… Good decision! But in what style? And made of what material? And where in your house is it going to go? Above all: What size roof lantern do I need? Perhaps your property is one......